Monday, January 9, 2012

Wife Skills

Hey everybody, here is a little update from sunny San Diego:

First off, while cleaning out the pockets of his uniform last night, Andy found a USED scalpel. So nasty but I guess that's part of being married to a lab tech! Just hoping that never happens again :)

I wish I could report good news about my job search but still nothing. I spent a lot of time last week just driving around to all sorts of places to see if they were hiring. Not many are hiring, but I'm hoping at least one of the places I've left my resume will bring me some good luck. I did apply to 4 different YMCA jobs, some including yoga instruction and some including other duties. I am hoping and praying that the YMCA comes through for me, what a fun place to work! And it could be a great starting point for teaching yoga!

In other news, my wife skills this past week weren't the best. I attempted to make homemade mac&cheese...which did not turn out well at all. And I ruined a whole set of our bed sheets and a body pillow with mold (a few weeks ago I put slightly damp sheets in a storage bin which resulted in all the mold). So stupid on my part but hey, I'm still learning! I'm lucky to have a patient and loving hubby who puts up with me :)

One more big story: With a little coaxing from Andy, I agreed to ride the motorcycle on the highway this weekend! Weirdly I felt safer cruising on the highway than driving in the city with all the traffic. We drove out to La Jolla (very upscale fancy area w/ shops and food and beaches) and it was a beautiful day!

I shall leave you all with this lovely photo of my hubby :)
The only yoga he is interested in..."the cool looking poses"...at least he's doing a little yoga for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment